Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Elongated Man and The Silver Surfer




I've really enjoyed what Dan Slott and Mike Allred have done with The Silver Surfer.  I was a little curious about what the addition of Earth-Woman Dawn Greenwood would mean for his travels, and I must say that she has been a welcome part of his new adventures.  I like how he sees and learns about  humanity through her just as he broadens her horizons with his abilities and their exploration of the universe.  I love the personality that the Surfer's Board even seems to have now.  These are fun, exciting and thought provoking comics.

This is only Part One of a Two-Part Epic - make sure to come back tomorrow for the exciting conclusion!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. Ralph Dibny; the poor man's Reed Richards. ;-D

Bob Greenwade said...

Nice pairing, Ross... though if I'd heard about this beforehand, I would have considered it a bit of a stretch. #BadPunNoCookie

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Wow, now this is definitely a pairing I never would've thought off.....can't wait to see how it ends.

Just as Reed and Ralph are varied imitations of Plastic Man @Anonymous;)

Sonofjack said...

Elongated Man actually predates Mr. Fantastic. However, I did once read Julius Schwarts say that if he'd known that DC owned the rights to Plastic Man that he probably would have just used that name. I'm glad he didn't however, because now we have two distinct characters with similar powers.

As for today's cover, Galactus is going down! Nice job, Ross.

Anonymous said...

@Dale Bagwell: Now, _that_ would have been a mind-boggling idea for a team up. PLASTIC MAN and the Silver Surfer!

Carycomic said...

Actually, both Ralph and Plas would've been the _only_ stretchable superheroes available to deal with the Surfer. Seeing as how Reed became one with the Firestorm matrix in STF #1551!

Ross said...

Plastic Man/Silver Surfer is already on the blog.

Bob Buethe said...

I just recently read the first volume of the Slott/Allred Silver Surfer, and I like it a lot. However, it seems to me that they're depicting the Surfer as the Doctor -- last of his race, traveling through space and dimensions with a human female companion, seeing the wonders of the universe through her eyes, and piloting a very unusual vehicle that resembles a common Earth artifact. Food for thought?

Ross said...

You're right, definitely some parallels there.

Bob Buethe said...

BTW, I was reminiscing about old TV shows with some friends the other day, and got an idea for a cover, though it might be hard to find the images for it: The Fantastic Four meets Lt. Columbo in "Just One More Thing!"

Bob Greenwade said...

@Other Bob: #BadPunNoCookie

Support STF: The Lost Issues!