Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Red Tornado and The Vision in "Who Stole Humanity?"



The Red Tornado will be appearing in the upcoming Supergirl TV series and the first picture of him has surfaced.  Not bad, but I do wish he looked a little more robotic - right now he looks like what he is, a guy with his face painted red.  As cheesy as it is, I do miss the arrow on his forehead. Still, I have only seen one picture from the chest up - perhaps it will look more impressive when his powers are in use.

The Vision and red Tornado have crossed path before in The Lost Issues - back in Issue #971 as well as an early MS Paint job in Issue #44

6 comments:

AirDave said...

I do not agree with Meltzer that Red Tornado is the heart or soul of the Justice League of America. That spot is taken by J'onn J'onzz. Tornado, like The Vision is the "Data" from ST:TNG. While they may strive for humanity, J'onn was there first. There are certainly some great Red Tornado and Vision stories about humanity, but J'onn blazed the trail for them.

I think I am more excited for everything Supergirl than Arrow, The Flash and Vixen. Looking forward to seeing the show premiere!

Anonymous said...

I hope the TV Tornado NEVER gets the forehead arrow. He undeniably looked better in his Silver Age outfit. In fact, if he had been manufactured as triplets, with that outfit, they could have gone into show business as the Red Man Group!

:-)


"That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it."

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Naawww this one looks fine to me. It's the more iconic of his few looks, but it still works for me. I saw those early images and I swear, he looks like that robot guy from the BBC Red Dwarf show. And no, that's not a compliment by any means.

Anonymous said...

We'll have to agree to permanently disagree, Dale. His Perez-era outfit made him look like the love child of Chronos and Jemm, Son of Saturn.*


*And, that's even worse than "Red Dwarf" (the entire series)!

Reno said...

Are you sure those are Leonardi and Aparo drawings? Looks more like Don Newton and Sandy Plunkett to me. But I could be wrong. :)

Jonah Falcon said...

The Vision already met Red Tornado in JLA/Avengers, and quickly found our Red was no ordinary robot.

"Hm? Machinery and something mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore!"

Support STF: The Lost Issues!