Friday, May 22, 2015

Green Lantern Vs. Doctor Doom



Alan Scott has always been a favorite character of mine.  I like that he has a power ring, but is separate from the Green Lantern Corps.  I always liked that he ran a radio station and called Gotham his home.  But the main reason I really like him is that he is the one hero that I can think of that is a confirmed southpaw!  As a left handed kid growing up, I definitely took note of which hand he wore his ring on.  Are there any other characters that have been established as being left handed?

8 comments:

AirDave said...

I never knew that Alan Scott was left handed-wow! I thought it was pretty cool that he worked in radio-in Gotham. Alan Scott and Billy Batson were my role models!

Tom said...

Any day with an Alan Scott Green Lantern cover is a great one! I always liked him for the same basic reasons: his novelty as a Green Lantern, and like you, I'm left-handed. A quick Bing search didn't reveal much as far as left-handed superheros, unfortunately, and I can't think of any others off-hand, though I would posit that a decent number of them could at least be ambidextrous: Batman, Daredevil, those types of guys and gals. One thing I'd also like to see more of is choosing handedness in video games. If I remember correctly, that used to be a more common feature in the early days of modern computer games, but you don't really see it anymore.

Mr. Acer said...

I think Flint from GI Joe was probably left-handed, though the only evidence I have to go off of is the original figure's card art.

Anonymous said...

Your best one, yet.

Hands down/bar none/case closed!

:-D

pblfsda said...

Found these:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/right-or-left-handed-superheroes-628377/

http://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/comments/2imppn/are_there_any_lefthanded_superheroesvillains/

Dr. OTR said...

Sinestro really should be one, based solely on his name.

Glenn said...

The Lizard's alias is but he is missing an arm.

RB said...

My favorite green lantern

Support STF: The Lost Issues!