Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Green Lantern Vs. Groot



Groot was understandably the breakout star of Guardians of the Galaxy.  I was very happy with how well realized the character was, from his appearance, to his personality and varied use of his abilities.  I don't know anyone who can watch the final 30 seconds of the film for the first time without smiling.  Even his limited dialogue was used wisely.  I figured that Groot would really give the original Green Lantern a run for his money, given his ring's inability to affect wood.

5 comments:

AirDave said...

This would be an awesome team-up! I could see them face Solomon Grundy...

Bob Greenwade said...

That Alan's ring doesn't affect wood gives me an idea: team him up with the Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith on Doctor Who). His sonic screwdriver has been approaching "magic wand" status, but it also has trouble with wood. Toss in some angry Ents or similar creatures and you have a story!

Anonymous said...

Groot's turning to evil could always turn out to be the work of the Golden Age Thorn. Or, maybe even...dare I say it?

Yes, I dare

...Darkseed of Apokolips.

Anonymous said...

Nicely rendered! How about (whenever your hectic schedule permits) Zen the Intergalactic Ninja and Lee Falk's Phantom vs. Predators?

Ross said...

I was just looking at some Zen images the other day... he is slated for an appearance down the line.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!